As we round out another week, (seriously does anyone else realize it is already mid-November, how am I going to do my fall crafts before Christmas?) I thought I’d jot down some highlights.
1. My daughter is apparently 3 going on 15. I’m not sure when she got so big but I’m grateful for her adventurous spirit and that I get to spend my days with her. This is us at the Audubon Nature Preserve we spotted both Chacalacas and Green Jays, both fairly common around here but still cool to see.
2. I started milling my own flour which is pretty exciting.
I also purchased a four pound cow heart in an attempt to eat local, low cost, grassfed meats (I know, it is weird to be such an oddball but I so am, just going with it) I’m planning on cooking it this weekend if anyone has any tips?
3. I finally got some things hung up on the wall in my daughters room. Gratifying, though we just talked about moving again last night. This house has been a great fit for us and was centrally located when we moved but we find that we are driving a lot to another nearby town and that most of our friends live in that direction so after the holidays we will start looking for another rental. Looking at doing 4 moves in 2 years, all kinds of crazy down here.
4. We continue to enjoy our time working at La Posada. It is an honor to spend time with these women from all around the world, living together, looking after each others kids, it is an awkward yet beautiful community and I know I am better for being part of it.
5. Y’all I just finished reading an amazing novel and I’m not even going to tell you the name of it because I don’t want you to read it now I want you to wait and read it with me in our reading group in a few months, but seriously, it is one of the best reads I’ve laid eyes on in a while and I just had to say it.
6. My daughter loves to play customs and border crossing. Unfortunately for her we got approved this week for a pass that will let us drive in and out of Mexico a lot quicker and not go through so much questioning. The good news is this will make crossing a lot easier so hopefully we will be able to get to Mexico and visit with the team at Isaiah 55 Deaf Ministries more often.
7. Here we go into another week. This week I’m hoping to make beef heart stew, jalapeno jelly, and a fall leaf banner. I also need to make some more of my favorite granola and get some cranberries (secret recipe) marinating for thanksgiving. I’m also hoping to finish up the paper work so I can begin working at the local free clinic starting in December. What do you have going on this week? I’d love to hear from you.
Check out some more quick takes from other bloggers at thisaintlyceem.com
Thanks for reading friends and have a great weekend.
To learn more about Liturgy of Life click here, or join us in our reading group, where we are currently reading, The Art of The Commonplace by Wendell Berry. Feel free to comment here or join in the discussion on facebook.